Check VMware API is a plugin developed by op5 to primarily be used with op5 Monitor, but can also be used in Naemon or Nagios installations, to monitor VMware ESX and vSphere servers. You can monitor either a single ESX(i)/vSphere server or a VMware VirtualCenter/vCenter Server and individual virtual machines. If you have a VMware cluster you should monitor the data center (VMware VirtualCenter/vCenter Server) and not the individual ESX/vSphere servers.
The goal is to develop an powerful and detailed plugin to efficiently monitor VMware ESX and vSphere servers.
It is easy to get involved in the project and to contribute!
- Start using the plugin and if you like what you see, help by spreading the word on blogs and forums.
- Post your comments and feedback at the bottom of this page
- Sign up at the op5-users mailing list to join the conversation and help other users by answering questions. It is here that you can follow the project and contribute your code and bugfixes. (The mailing list is not project specific)
- If you find a bug you can report the bug here or on the mailing list
- If you miss any documentation or know how to solve an undocumented problem you can contribute with documentation here in the op5 Knowledge Base.
- Read the op5 support How To Monitor VMware ESX 3.x, ESXi, vSphere 4 and vCenter Server (for op5 Monitor)
- Subscribe to the op5-users list or
- Browse the mailing list archives